It is with mixed emotions that the Ann Arbor CIL announces the departure of Carolyn Grawi from the Center. Carolyn has served as Executive Director since 2014, and prior to that served the Center as Vice President of Programs 2013-2014, and Director of Advocacy and Education 2005-2013. She will be leaving the Center to pursue a new opportunity in 2018.
Over Carolyn’s more than 12 years of service at the Center, she has accomplished a great many things. Notable highlights of her service and commitment include:
- Ensuring financial stability and growing funding and private philanthropy
- More than doubling the number of services provided between 2014-2017
- Establishing and continually expanding the disability awareness and education program in district-wide K-12 schools
- Tirelessly working to increase access for individuals with disabilities to public education, public rights of way, transportation, and voting throughout Washtenaw, Livingston, and Monroe Counties and the State of Michigan
- Partnering with numerous businesses, governments, healthcare organizations, schools, and universities to promote inclusion of people with disabilities
While the Center is deeply saddened by her departure, the staff and Board wish her all the best in her career and know she will tremendously impact the next community she serves. They are lucky to have her.
Upon Carolyn’s departure, Alex Gossage, current Associate Director of the Ann Arbor CIL, will serve as Interim Executive Director. The Board is confident he will lead the organization through the coming transition period exceptionally well.