More Than You Think.
About the Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living
The mission of the Ann Arbor CIL is to provide hope, offer support, and transform lives with dedication to the success of children, youth, adults, and seniors with disabilities at home, at school, at work and in the community. Since 1976, we have assisted people with disabilities in overcoming barriers and meeting their goals in areas including:
- Assistance Accessing Community Resources
- Career Services
- Community Advocacy
- Disability-Related Training for Businesses & Organizations
- Independent Living Coaching
- Peer Support
- Small Business Development Assistance
- Recreation & Arts Programming
- Transitions from Nursing Facilities back into the Community
- Volunteer and Training Opportunities
- Youth Programming
In addition to our Ann Arbor office we have an affiliate location, the Monroe Center for Independent Living, in neighboring Monroe County. We also have a staffing presence in Livingston County.