Disability Network Oakland & Macomb is sorry to inform you that the Third Thursday Evening Presentation “Special Needs Trust Planning” to be presented by Michael Witzke, of Witzke Berry Carter
Advocacy & Education News
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Friday, June 27, 2014
Thursday July 10, 2014: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm — Traverwood Branch of the Ann Arbor Public Library: Program Room
Luis and Tuesday will share their story,… Read more ›
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Community Inclusion is vital for quality of life and independence … the Olmstead Act helped to reinforce the premise of the ADA’s intention and to further strengthen the Independent Living… Read more ›
Friday, June 6, 2014
Late breaking news: We also will have Live Audio descriptive available for people with blindness or vision impairment. Thank you to Wild Swan Theater for providing the equipment… Read more ›
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
If you haven’t… Read more ›
Monday, May 5, 2014
Dave Askins’ article in The Ann Arbor Chronicle, on Sunday May 4th, outlines his reasons for voting YES for the millage on May 6th. He reason’s that… Read more ›
Sunday, May 4, 2014
The Ann Arbor CIL Board of Directors find itself in good company with their endorsement of the May 6th AAATA transit expansion mileage.
Click on the following links to see… Read more ›
City Meeting Calendar
We have created a Google Calendar to keep track of upcoming city meetings on issues affecting the Disability community-- housing, transportation, development and more. These are opportunities to learn more about the decisions being made and advocate for what is important to you.Click here for our Google city meetings calendar.
- If you go, let us know!
Our Advocacy Work
The Ann Arbor CIL works to improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities in these areas:
- Local Government
- Health & Mental Health
- Schools & Education
- Curb Ramp & Sidewalk Safety
- Parks & Recreation
- Celebrating the 15th Anniversary of the Olmstead Act.
- LIFE FEELS GOOD – Join us at the Movies Tonight, Saturday, & Sunday!
- The Ann Arbor CIL to sponsor the film, LIFE FEELS GOOD in the Cinetopia International Film Festival, June 4th – 8th.
- I’ve Voted, Have YOU? Today is the Day, Lets Get Out The Vote!
- Get Out the Vote – Today is the Big Day – Vote YES for MORE BUSES, MORE PLACES, MORE OFTEN!
- Many Groups & Individual Support a “YES” Vote on May 6th for the Transportation Milleage
- The AAATA gives people freedom of movement but must expand to accommodate growth!
- The CIL agrees with Jonathan Levine, “Transit millage a worthwhile investment”
- A Yes Vote on May 6th = MORE BUSES, MORE PLACES, MORE OFTEN!
- The CIL Presents: My Voice, My Life Advocacy Workshop, April 28th & 29th, 2014
- Service Animals Find Indoor Relief at Detroit Metro Airport.
- Senator Tom Harkin wants to hear your story about difficulties traveling in the U.S. and abroad!
- Carolyn Grawi Addresses the Difficulties Severe Weather Poses for People with Disabilities on National Public Radio!
- The Regional Transit Authority to Expand their Citizens Advisory Committee.
- ReImagine Washtenaw! Your Community, Your Voice, Your Input!
- Delta Airlines Surveying Passengers with Disabilities
- $5,700 Community Collaborative Transportation Grant Award
- Ann Arbor CIL Hosts University of Michigan’s Semi-Annual Spinal Cord Injury Board Meeting
We also provide disability awareness and sensitivity training to:
- Colleges & Universities
- Healthcare Providers
- Entertainment Venues
For more information on our education and training services for businesses and organizations, visit our Training & Consulting page.
Our Training Workshops
"Tom & Carolyn's Disability Awareness workshop is a ‘must attend’ for all employers and should be included as part of annual diversity training.” Elizabeth Kelly, PBS television show, 'A Wider World.'
For more information on our Disability Awareness Workshops, visit our Training & Consulting page.