If you are a young adult who wants to make friends, have fun, and participate in exciting activities, contact us to learn more! We offer a wide variety of fun and educational activities throughout the year for anyone who wants to participate.
Children & Youth News
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
The Youth Program is gearing up for spring with our first Swing into Spring Social this Wednesday March 5th from 6-8pm.
Enjoy celebrating an early St. Patrick’s Day with… Read more ›
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Do you want to learn how to make easy, healthy meals and have a great lunch with friends?
Take a sneek peak at our menu for the next… Read more ›
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
This events is FREE and open to Youth Ages 14-26. Please RSVP by contacting Anna Dusbiber Gossage by email email@example.com or phone (734) 971-0277 ext. 17.
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Come to a sugar filled evening where we will have dancing, valentine themed games, assorted treats and you will have the opportunity to make a valentine for that special someone in… Read more ›
Monday, January 13, 2014
The Ann Arbor CIL will be hosting healthy cooking classes again this winter. These classes are open to people of all ages and abilities. It is a great opportunity… Read more ›
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Come celebrate the holidays with your friends at the Ann Arbor CIL. We will enjoy hot cocoa, short stories and holiday crafts. The fun will take place… Read more ›
- Announcing the First Swing Into Spring Social for Youth, this Wednesday 4/5 from 6-8pm!
- March eNews for Youth
- February/March eNews for Youth
- A Sneak Peak at the Menu for the Next Winter Healthy Cooking Class, Tuesday February 11th
- Join the Motley Crew for the “2014 Motley Olympics,” Saturday February 8th from 1-3pm at the CIL!
- Come Join us for the “Sweet” Valentine’s Day Dance!
- Winter Healthy Cooking Classes Resume this Tuesday, January 14th!
- Youth Winter Wonderland Party Planned for Wednesday 12/11 from 6-8pm.
- Healthy Cooking Class Fall Kick-off!
- Ann Arbor CIL Awards John Weir College Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Benjamin Case Awarded John Weir Academic Scholarship
The Youth Program Needs a Volunteer Assistant!
We need help making these great programs happen for youth. If you think you could help out, click here for more info!
e-News for Youth
Our Youth Program publishes a monthly email newsletter featuring fun events and news for young people with disabilities in southeastern Michigan! To subscribe, contact Anna Dusbiber-Gossage.
- About Our Youth Programs
- Academic Scholarship Program
- Community Resources
- Mentoring Program
- Summer Youth Advocacy Program
Community Resources for Youth
“The most important thing we do is help eliminate the social isolation felt by youth with disabilities. We create a place of belonging for those who wouldn’t otherwise have one,” Anna Dusbiber, Youth Services Coordinator.
“Whether it’s getting out in the community and learning about things, or just watching movies and playing games – the Youth Program means being with friends and having support. The CIL has helped my life go forward. You guys are like my family. No – not ‘like.’ You are my family.” Ana Obando, who has spina bifida, has been involved with the Youth Program for over ten years.