More Than You Think.
People with disabilities encompass more than you think.
Simply put, the Ann Arbor CIL is run by people with disabilities for people with disabilities.
At the CIL, we prove that what you want for your life is possible. Since 1976, we have worked hand-in-hand with you to help you live the life you want to live. At the Ann Arbor CIL, our mission is to empower the lives of people with disabilities and advocate for a more inclusive community for all.
In addition to providing individualized services, community advocacy, and group workshops for your self-improvement, we are a dynamic community enrichment and recreation center filled with events and activities to help you connect with people and your passions.
What is your goal?
Whether you want to find housing that works for you, look for a career, or connect with others to add meaning and enjoyment to your life, we help you develop a plan to achieve your goals and work with you to help you get there. We also advocate within the community to make our region more inclusive for people with disabilities.
Specifically, we provide:
- Advocacy to make our community more accessible, friendlier, and livable
- Assistance accessing community resources
- Career services
- Disability training for businesses and organizations
- Independent living coaching
- Peer support
- Small business development assistance
- Recreation and arts programming
- Transitions from nursing facilities back into the community
- Volunteer and training opportunities
- Youth programming
Our main location is in Ann Arbor, and we also have affiliate locations in Monroe and Livingston counties.
We invite you to learn more about our organization and the people we impact. Give us a call or email, and get to know us.