At the Livingston CIL, part of the Ann Arbor CIL, we help you prove that what you want for your life is possible.
Since 1976, our organization has worked hand-in-hand with you to help you live the life you want to live. At the CIL, our mission is to provide hope, offer support, and transform the lives of children, youth, adults, and seniors with disabilities at home, at school, at work and in the community.
We provide individualized services, community advocacy, and group workshops for your self-improvement.
We provide services primarily in Brighton and Howell, but can also work with you throughout the county.
What is your goal?
Whether you want to find housing that works for you, look for a career, or connect with others to add meaning and enjoyment to your life, we help you develop a plan to achieve your goals and work with you to help you get there. We also advocate within the community to make our region better for people with disabilities.
Specifically, we provide:
- Advocacy to make our community more accessible, friendlier, and livable
- Career services
- Disability training for businesses and organizations
- Personal coaching on housing, transportation, and independent living goals
- Peer support
- Small business development assistance
- Recreation and arts programming
- Social Security and benefits counseling
- Assistance transitioning from nursing facilities back into the community
- Volunteer and training opportunities
- Youth and special ed programming