At the Monroe CIL, part of the Ann Arbor CIL, we help you prove that what you want for your life is possible.
Since 1976, our organization has worked hand-in-hand with you to help you live the life you want to live. Our mission is to empower the lives of people with disabilities and to advocate for a more inclusive community for all..
We provide individualized services, community advocacy, and group workshops for your self-improvement. The biggest misconception about the CIL is that we are a residential facility. We are not! Rather, we help you live more independently, wherever that may be and however you define it.
What is your goal?
Whether you want to find housing that works for you, look for a career, or connect with others to add meaning and enjoyment to your life, we help you develop a plan to achieve your goals and work with you to help you get there. We also advocate within the community to make our region better for people with disabilities.
Specifically, we provide:
- Advocacy to make our community more accessible, friendlier, and livable
- Career services
- Disability training for businesses and organizations
- Personal coaching on housing, transportation, and independent living goals
- Peer support
- Small business development assistance
- Recreation and arts programming
- Social Security and benefits counseling
- Assistance transitioning from nursing facilities back into the community
- Volunteer and training opportunities
- Youth and special ed programming
Who are we?
Simply put, the CIL is run by people with disabilities, for people with disabilities. Our Monroe team is 100% comprised of people with disabilities. What does this mean? We get it. We understand your needs. And we work hard, as your partner, to advocate for exactly what YOU want.
Learn more about our staff team here.
Where are we?
We provide services at our center at 15515 S. Dixie Hwy. in the city of Monroe, but can also work with you throughout the county.